Author Topic: Where do I buy one from ABQ?  (Read 1319 times)

duggram

• View Profile
Where do I buy one from ABQ?
« on: November 19, 2014, 01:06:38 PM »
The Explorer seems like a good choice for me.  I would like it to be my last dirt bike.  I'll be 65 after the first of the year and my WR450 is feeling bigger all the time. I called and sent an email to the dealer in Colorado last week but he must be really busy because I have no reply yet.  Would I have to go to northern California to get one?

Also what parts do you buy in advance so you're not waiting?  Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Doug
Albuquerque, NM
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:51:53 PM by duggram »

Lotus54

• View Profile
Re: Where do I buy one from ABQ?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 02:30:00 AM »
I don't know the dealer in Colorado.
   I had good luck with Lewisport- but calling is best.

Here is what I would probably buy.

1. Chain. The original is junk. I installed a DID narrow 'O' ring. I just had to trim the inside of the chain guid a bit.
2. Trials rear brake pedal. The factory Explorer one is too long and not good (unless they started fitting the trials one). Bolts right on, but I had to make a special tool to remove and install the nut.
3. Spare subframe mount screws (locktite the originals)
4. Torx wrench sets- everything is Torx on the bike.

I'm having a hard time thinking of much else!
I'd buy a spare sparking plug or two- for my conditions a hotter one works better.
Do you need a spark arrestor where you ride? Lewisport carries one that bolts right on. I fit a little rubber flap (old inner tube) to keep the mud off. Otherwise it would bake on and choke the bike.

Install a small tie-wrap on the two plastic side covers- that way you can't loose them if something hits them.
I like The Tubliss system, I can run super low pressures without worring about punctures.

Break it in easily and long. Run the oil they recommend for the trans- make sure to change it correctly (on mine it looks over full when it is not)

I have about 130 hours on mine- very happy with it.
 It does like a healthy kick- good plug helps. The make sure you know how to use the easy start before you fire it off.

Mark
2014 OSSA Explorer

Dogman58

• View Profile
new post 2013 Explorer
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:37:22 PM »
hello newbie to this group - been on the ossa vintage sites for a while - I have an explorer 2013 with a few issues and
cant seem to find a coded wiring diagram anywhere - need help with id'ing some of the wires going to the trail tech
speedo head -  ???  have all the parts and general info manuals - but no wiring for the explorer .
thanks dk

Lotus54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 11:07:42 PM »
Send an email to me.
   I have one that may help, and I did I some looking into this trying to get the temp sensor working.

Mark
2014 OSSA Explorer

Dogman58

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »
Thanks i am posting a few tips that worked on my 2013 explorer and a few comments
thanks dave k
Dkreshpane@gmail.com

Lotus54

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 12:36:51 AM »
2014 OSSA Explorer