Author Topic: First trials event  (Read 1127 times)

Lotus54

• View Profile
First trials event
« on: February 13, 2014, 02:16:12 AM »
Sunday I went to the first trial I've ever gone to (I'm not counting the pros doing demos).
 I also entered, riding my new OSSA Explorer.

It was darn icy and snowy going over- and the ground was icy in places with snow around also.

I didn't know any of the rules or what to really expect. I entered as novice (duh-have to be a novice if I've never done one!) and I rode with one of the other guys in the class that had been around- he showed me the rules/routes and took me around.
I cleaned the first section- good start!
  I managed a couple of 'fives' (taking the wrong route-even if harder- killing the  engine, rolling backward or going off course). A good number of '0s' (no dabs).
Super good time! I learned places I really need to work on (off camber, icy, really tight turns with trees on the inside).
But, I won my class! Pretty neat start.

A buddy took a couple of videos - as usually everything looked pretty easy on vids- but actually a bit trickier than it looked.

I think I didn't dab on this- although I did stick my foot out to balance

http://youtu.be/8_sBd6LKRtU]youtube_share;8_sBd6LKRtU]http://youtu.be/8_sBd6LKRtU
2014 OSSA Explorer

BigBadDon

• View Profile
Re: First trials event
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 11:53:48 PM »
rock and roll - good job.  Where was it held? 

Too bad the coho didn't leave a little earlier, you could pop over on he morning ferry, get in a Victoria trials comp and return on the 4PM ferry.  You are plated right?

Lotus54

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:42:01 AM »
Yup, plated.
   I wouldn't get there until pretty late- maybe do a night before thing sometime?

The event was in Marysville. Puget Sound trialers.

Let me knew when another Victoria event is happening.
   I don't know much, and not very good, but I sure have fun!

Mark
2014 OSSA Explorer

BigBadDon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 05:48:26 AM »
The next Victoria event is the Reg Shanks Trial March 16th at the Victoria Motorcycle Club Property.

4192 happy valley road

48.395812,-123.552048

Local club event, pretty relaxed we score ourselves.  A few of us ride novice as well, so you can join our group.

Lotus54

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 03:52:08 AM »
Hmmm, looks like 16 miles from the ferry terminal.
  What time does it start?

I need to get insurance on the bike first if I ride  it though. (Required in BC, yes?)

Let me see if I can pull it off.

Mark
2014 OSSA Explorer

BigBadDon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 06:19:16 AM »
Rider's meeting is at 9AM and then start at 10AM.

Yeah, to ride on the street you need a plate and insurance.  I can pick you up from the ferry and drop you off if you like.  I dont live far from it.